Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

Last Day

Today has been hard.  It was our last day to serve SonLight. I am still struggling to see through my tears as I type this post. Saying good-bye today was one of the hardest things I've ever hard to do. I know others feel the same way because we are all in tears.

I am sure we will each leave here with our own words and pictures to describe our experiences here, but words and pictures can not do it justice.  You need to experience it with with all 5 of your senses.  You need to see the children and families on the street. You need to smell the air and the people and the animals.   You need to hear the children singing as they worship the Lord on an empty stomach. You need to taste Haitian food and water, and you need to feel the kiss of a child as they welcome you into their hearts.

I pray that this experience will change us all, and that it will not be a fleeting change, but one that will have an impact on us for the rest of our lives.  There is a Haitian proverb"Sa je pa we ke pa tounen."  It means what the eye does not see, the heart cannot reflect on.

Please pray for our safety as we return home tomorrow.

Blessings~The Haiti Team

No comments:

Post a Comment